Progress is based upon how students manage their learning.
- Participate completely with positive energy!
- Work hard, apply corrections and focus in class.
- Teachers look for students to meet the syllabus goals
- Students should practice consistently. Students who do practice consistently progress further than students who do not.
- Progress Reports are given twice a year.
- All Children’s Dance classes are based on a one year program. Our programming for elementary through teen classes is typically a two year program per level.
- Upon registration, class placement is determined by age, physical development, and level of previous training.
- At the end of the dance year, class placement for the following dance year will be based on class participation, attendance, progress, attentiveness, ability, attitude, and consistency.
- All placement decisions are made by the Director and the student teacher based on the best interest of each individual student.
- Each student progresses at their own rate, and not that of their friends.
- Students of the same age and years of experience may have completely different capabilities.
- Negative issues regarding class placement will inhibit a student’s progress.
- Students will become solid in their technical training by being placed in the appropriate level
- Dance levels are different than grades at school. It is not unusual for students to remain in the same level for 2-3 years before they are ready to accept the challenges of the next level.